Everything you’ll need to know about the Nerazzurri’s week one clash can be found below courtesy of @InterStats…
Inter travel to Turin to face Torino in Week One of the Serie A season. The Granata play at the Stadio Olimpico which has a capacity of around 28,000.
- Founded 107 years ago
- Manager is Giampiero Ventura
- Finished 7th in Serie A last season.
- Torino have won Serie A 7 times.
- Grande Torino won Serie A five times in the 1940’s.
- The Grande Torino team died in a tragic plane crash in May 1949 after flying back from a friendly abroad.
- Torino qualified for Europe last season for the first time in 12 years.
- transfermarkt.co.uk value Torino’s players at £69,78 million.
- Inter youngster Marco Benassi is currently on loan at Torino.
- Torino were unbeaten in their last eight matches in Serie A. Winning 5 and drawing 3.
- Torino are unbeaten in their last five opening matches in Serie A Winning 2 and drawing 3.
- Out of the current Inter squad only Osvaldo and Palacio have ever scored against Torino. 3 each.
- If Juan Jesus features it will be his 60th Serie Appearance for Inter
- Kovacic is 5 Serie appearances away from his 50th for Inter.
- Icardi is 1 Serie A goal away from his 10th league goal for Inter.
- Nagatomo is 1 Serie A goal away from his 10th league goal for Inter.
- Palacio is 1 Serie A goal away from his 30th league goal in a Inter shirt.
- Last season Inter won 4 of their first 6 games in Serie A. Drawing the other two.
- Inter won only 1 of their last 4 games in Serie A at the end of last season.
- In the last 26 years Inter have failed to score on the opening weekend of the season once. 0,0 against Bologna. (Opta)
- Last season Inter were the only side not to score from the penalty spot in Serie A.
- Inter drew 15 matches in Serie A last season more than any other side in the league.
- Vidic made 264 clearances in the Premier League last season 83 more than any other teammate. (Opta)
Head to Head
- The first meeting between the two sides was on the 05/12/1909. Torino 3 Inter 4.
- Inter’s biggest win over Torino was 7-2 on the 10/04/1910.
- On the 7th of March 1920 Inter and Torino drew 6-6.
- Last season at the Stadio Olimpico it ended 3-3. Two from Palacio and one from Guarin. A last minute equaliser for Torino got them the draw. Inter spent most of the match down to 10 men, after Handanovic was sent off.
- Inter have not lost to Torino away from home since the 27th of February 1994. 2-0
- Since that defeat Inter have won 9 and drawn 1.
- In the last 4 meetings between the two sides on the opening weekend of the season Inter did not concede a single goal. (Opta)
You can follow @InterStats on Twitter….