This evening Inter travel south to Rome to face Rudi Garcia’s in form Roma side at the Stadio Olympico. A difficult fixture against a talented team, a tough test for Roberto Mancini side in his 3rd game in charge since his return to the Inter bench. @InterStats give us the lowdown.
- €249,40 million, the total market value of Roma according to transfermarkt.it
- 28,1 average age of the squad according to transfermarkt.it
- Stadio Olimpico Di Roma constructed in 1937 has capacity of 73,261 thousand.
- 9 x Coppa Italia winners, 3 Scudetti, 2 Italian Supercoppa.
- Founded in 1927
- Roma currently sit 2nd in Serie A, 3 points of Juve.
- 18 points. Roma have played 6 home games and won 6 games scoring 14 and conceding 0.
- 62% ball possession. Highest average in the league. Via whoscored.com
- 87.6% Pass accuracy, the highest average in the league. Via whoscored.com
- 4, Mattia Destro and Ljajic are Roma’s top goalscorer in the league this season
- 71% of Roma’s goals have come from open play (15) Via Opta
- Roma have 28 points after 12 rounds – only on three occasions have the Giallorossi had a better start to a Serie A campaign. Via Opta
- The Giallorossi have scored 15 goals before half-time; a league-high. Via Opta
- Roma have scored goals with 11 different players – a record in Serie A. Via Opta
- Miralem Pjanic has assisted three of Roma’s last four goals in Serie A. Via Opta
- Alessandro Florenzi’s first ever Serie A goal came against Inter in September 2012. Via Opta
- Paolo Mazzoleni has refereed 1 Roma game this season, Roma won, received 3 yellows for and against them.
- During the 2010 -2011 Serie A season Samir Handanovic saved a total of six penalties equalling an all-time league record set in the 1948-1949 season.
- Samir Handanovic has saved his last 6 penalties he has faced playing for Inter.
- Handanovic has faced 81 penalties in his career saving 28 of them.
- 24 – Former Inter goalkeeper Gianluca Pagliuca holds the record for most penalty saves in Serie A, Handanovic currently sits at 20 in Serie A.
- Inter have conceded the joint-most goals in the first 15 minutes of play in this Serie A (5). Via Opta
- 97, Andrea Ronocchia is 3 appearances of his 100th Serie A game for Inter.
- 29, Rodrigo Palacio is still looking for his 30th goal in Serie A for Inter.
- Paolo Mazzoleni has been in charge of one Inter game this season, 1-0 win over Cesena. Gave Inter 1 yellow, and opponents 5 yellows and 1 red.
- Inter currently sit 9th in Serie A with 17 points 5 points of a Champions League spot.
Head to Head
- Roma have scored 206 goals against Inter – more than against any other Serie A opponent. Via Opta
- Hernanes (4) Palacio (4) Jonathan (1) Icardi (1) Osvaldo (1) have scored v Roma in their career.
- Between 2011-2013 Dani Osvaldo played 55 games for Roma scoring 27 goals.
- 193 meetings between the two sides in all official competitions. W 84 D 52 L 57 for Inter
- In those 193 meetings Inter have scored 307 and conceded 253.
- 83 meetings in Rome in Serie A. Inter have W 27 D 22 L 34 GF 109 GA 128
- 11th of December 1927 was the first meeting between the two sides. 3-3
- 2nd of May 1999 Roma 4 Inter 5,highest scoring game between the two sides. Ronaldo, Zambrano and Simeone on the scoresheet that day.
- Inter’s biggest win over Roma was 6-0 in 1950 and 1930
- Inter’s biggest defeat to Roma was 6-0 in 1942
- 6th of February 2011 Inter 5 Roma 3 was the last time Inter beat Roma in Serie A.
- Since then Inter have W 0 D 3 L 3 Inter scoring only 3.
Source: @InterStats – Follow them on twitter here