Inter & Barcelona Linked Georginio Wijnaldum: “No News On My Liverpool Future, Focused On Netherlands”

Inter & Barcelona Linked Georginio Wijnaldum: “No News On My Liverpool Future, Focused On Netherlands”
March 24, 2021 16:00
( )

Georginio Wijnaldum insists there is no news to deliver on his future despite persistent links to Inter and Barcelona.

The midfielder is out of contract with Liverpool at the end of this season and is reportedly close to joining Barca for next season.

Wijnaldum is also thought to be a transfer target for Antonio Conte as Inter look to revamp their midfield in the summer.

But speaking to Dutch brodcaster Nos from the Netherlands’ training camp, as quoted by FcInterNews.it, the 30-year-old said: “People keep talking about these things and about my future, but like I’ve said on previous occasions I still don’t have updates.

“The papers are talking but when I have news I’ll discuss it.

“I’m focused on the national team now, I’m here to talk about our matches against Turkey, Latvia and Gibraltar.”

Wijnaldum has made 226 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool since joining from Newcastle United in 2016.

During that time, the Netherlands midfielder has scored 22 goals and provided 16 assists, helping Jurgen Klopp’s side to win the club’s first Premier League title in 30 years last season.

Wijnaldum has 70 caps for the Dutch national team since he made his senior debut back in September 2011, and he has scored 21 goals for the Oranje.

By Will Beckman

Video – Inter Sporting CEO Beppe Marotta: “We Want To Proudly Defend The Scudetto”

October 29, 2021 06:30
( )

Inter’s Sporting CEO Beppe Marotta has stated the clubs aim to defend the Serie A title that was won in the 2020/21 season under Antonio…

Video – Inter Corporate CEO Alessandro Antonello: “The New Stadium Project Will Be Essential”

October 29, 2021 04:30
( )

Inter’s Corporate CEO Alessandro Antonello has explained the importance of the new San Siro project for the future of the club. Speaking as part of…

Video – Lautaro Martinez Sends Message To Inter Fans: “Forza Inter”

October 29, 2021 02:30
( )

Inter striker Lautaro Martinez has filmed a short video of himself addressing the Inter fans having just signed his new contract with the club. The…

Ex-Inter Forward Alessandro Altobelli On Inter’s Scudetto Hopes: “So Far They Are Not On Par With AC Milan & Napoli”

October 29, 2021 00:30
( )

Former Inter striker Alessandro Altobelli has said that Inter are not on the same level as the two teams ahead of them in the table,…

Ex-Inter Defender Lele Adani On Alexis Sanchez Assist vs Empoli: “A Touch Of Absolute Class”

October 28, 2021 23:59
( )

Former Inter defender Lele Adani has praised Alexis Sanchez after his positive performance against Empoli on Wednesday night, according to a report in the Italian…

Two Of Inter’s Chinese Sponsors Cannot Pay The Money They Owe The Nerazzurri, Italian Media Report

October 28, 2021 23:30
( )

Two of Inter’s sponsors from China will not be able to pay their fees to the club in full this year as they are having…

Close

Subscribe

to our newsletter