This Sunday evening Inter face Palermo at the Renzo Barbera in Sicily for our second away game of the season. Palermo have 1 point after two games and rumours are already circulating that Zamparini is waiting to swing his axe once more. Defeat to Inter on Sunday may well be the end for Giuseppe Iachini. @InterStats give you everything you need to know ahead of the big game.
- Palermo were founded in 1900.
- Home games played at the Stadio Renzo Barbera, capacity around 37,242
- The Sicilians were promoted from Serie B last season.
- Palermo currently have 1 point from two games after a 1-1 draw v Sampdoria and a loss to Hellas Verona.
- Francesco Bolzoni once of Inter currently plays for Palermo. Made 1 sub appearance in Serie A for Inter.
- Average age of the Palermo squad is 25.7 according to transfermarkt.it
- Palermo’s players are valued at €54,55 million according to transfermarkt.it
- Most valuable players according to transfermarkt.it are Edgar Barreto and Paulo Dybala both valued at €5 million.
- The last time the two sides met Javier Zanetti got that serious injury that ruled him out for several months.
- Inter have not won away from home in their last 3 Serie A games, drawing 1 and losing 2, scoring a single goal in those three fixtures. (via Opta)
- Mateo Kovacic’s first goal for Inter came after 29 shots in 47 games. (Via Opta)
- Mauro Icardi has scored 8 goals in his last 8 Serie A games. (via Opta)
- Mateo Kovacic has completed the most dribbles in Serie A so far this season, along with Menez of Milan. (8) (via Opta)
- Out of the current Inter squad only Osvaldo (1) and Palacio (2) have scored against Palermo.
- Ex Inter legend Diego Milito scored 9 goals v Palermo in the last 9 meetings.
Head to Head
- Inter have played Palermo 52 times in Serie A. W 27 D 19 L 6.
- In those 52 fixtures Inter have scored 107 and conceded 52.
- The first meeting between the two sides was on the 08-01-1933.
- The first meeting ended 5-1 to Inter. Giuseppe Meazza scored 2.
- The first 8 meetings between the side Inter were under a new name Ambrosiana Inter as Internazionale was not facist enough for Mussolini.
- Highest scoring game between the two sides came in 2012, finished 4-4, 4 from Diego Milito.
- Inter’s biggest win v Palermo was 5-0 in 1952.
- Inter biggest away win over Palermo came in 1952 also, finishing 3-0.
- Palermo’s biggest win over Inter came at home in 1949 finishing 4-2.
- No team has scored more Serie A goals against Palermo than Inter (107) (Via Opta)
- In the last 11 meetings Palermo have kept 1 clean sheet against Inter, conceding 25 goals in that run. (Via Opta)
- The last eight Serie A matches between the two sides has seen a total of 35 goals, an average of 4.4 per game (Via Opta)
- Palermo’s 6 victories over Inter have all come at home, including the their last two meetings. (Via Opta)
- The last 10 meetings between the two sides has brought 43 goals.
- The last meeting ended 1-0 to Palermo in 2013.
You can follow @InterStats on Twitter