An impressive Inter dominated yesterday’s match against Cagliari at the Stadio Sant’Elia in Sardinia which can is ilustrated by the ratings below. Above you can compare the Gazzetta dello Sport ratings with SempreInter.com’s.
Do you agree? Discuss below in the comments section.
30. Juan Pablo Carrizo – 6,5: Was a giant in the 2nd half when Cagliari were pressing. However, gives all Interisti a heart-attack every time he goes to catch a cross.
14. Hugo Campagnaro – 5: Is the first choice on the right due to lack of quality & doesn’t exactly provide any quality either. That tells you all you need to know.
15. Nemanja Vidic – 7: If Nemanja Vidic is fit then Nemanja Vidic should play. An absolute towering presence in the defense who rarely puts a foot wrong.
5. Juan Jesus – 6: Didn’t have the best of games as he made some mistakes which he rarely makes. Has raised his lowest level which is impressive.
21. Davide Santon – 6: For the first time in 5 years Inter have a full-back that can deliver quality crosses into the box. Ran tirelessly up 6 down the left flank.
18. Gary Medel – 6,5: Is currently thriving since he’s surrounded by such great players. Showed great vision when assisting Icardi for his goal.
13. Fredy Guarin – 6,5: Wore the captain’s armband & played like a captain. Showed will, determination as well as true leadership qualities.
77. Marcelo Brozovic – 6: The love child of Dejan Stankovic & Thiago Motta continues to play as if he’s done nothing but play Serie A football for past decade.
10. Mateo Kovacic – 7,5 (Man of the Match): What do you do when you’ve been dropped for 3 matches due to poor form? If you’re Kovacic you go out & dominate the midfield.
11. Lukas Podolski – 5: Impossible to give him a higher rating due to the amount of clear cut chances he squandered in the first half.
9. Mauro Icardi – 7: Is an absolute assassin in the penalty area, scored a great goal. Showed today that there’s more to his game than goalpoaching.
22. Dodó – No rating: Came on in the 81st minute for Podolski. Didn’t play long enough to be able to be marked.
88. Hernanes – No rating: Came on in the 83rd minute for Brozovic. Didn’t play long enough to be able to be marked. Hit the bar with a magnificent shot.
17. Zdravko Kusmanovic – No rating: Came on in the 92nd minute for Kovacic. Didn’t play long enough to be able to be marked.
Roberto Mancini – 6: Got the starting 11 & tactics spot on from 1 st minute but waited far too long to make any changes when Cagliari were pressing.
Referee: Paolo Mazzoleni – 5: Missed a lot of clear free-kicks for both teams. Inconsistent level of officiating changing the level which confused the players.
Inter – 6: Despite failing to make chances pay in the first half, the team managed to transform their dominance into goals immediately in the scond half. Looked shakey at times but managed to wether the storm. Finally able to take that long awaited 3rd consecutive win in the Serie A.