January 15, 2017 15:16
Inter’s official homepage have in co-operation Opta gathered and published some statistics and facts from yesterday’s Serie A fixture at the San Siro between Inter and Chievo.
- Inter have recouped the most points from losing situations this season (15).
- The Nerazzurri have won 6 back-t0-back home games in Serie A for the first time since May 2011, when the run reached 13.
- Inter have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play in 2016/17 (12).
- Icardi has bagged at least 15 goals for the third season in a row; the last two Nerazzurri players to manage this feat were Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Christian Vieri.
- Icardi has had a hand in 22 goals this season (15 goals, 7 assists), six more than any other player.
- Inter had 31 shots, of which 14 were on target, in the first half against Chievo, the most the club has managed this campaign.
- Sergio Pellissier has scored four goals in his last five appearances, after netting 4 in his previous 18.
- Chievo scored with their first shot on target in the match, and their second attempt overall.
- Inter swung in a season-high of 58 crosses from open play against Chievo (only 5 were successful).
- Valter Birsa notched up his fourth assist from a set piece against the Nerazzurri, a joint-record with Miralem Pjanic in Serie A 2016/17.
- Four of Antonio Candreva’s 5 assists this year have been for Icardi goals.
- Ivan Perisic has managed seven goals in 19 appearances so far, already equalling his total for last season (34 appearances).