CdS: Felipe is the latest defensive target

CdS: Felipe is the latest defensive target
March 1, 2017 11:32
( )

Brazilian central defender Felipe has emerged as another potential target for Inter as the club looks to reinforce its defensive options this summer.

The 27-year-old Porto stopper only arrived in Europe from Corinthians a few months ago. However, he has adapted well enough to earn a starting spot in Nuno Espírito Santo’s side which has brought him to the attention of Brazilian national team Coach Tite, who said: “He is extremely intelligent and has grown a lot. He will improve because he has fantastic aerial ability as well as remarkable powers of recovery and a lot of speed. For me, he is a great defender.”

The Portuguese club paid €6.2 million for 75% of his economic rights while the remaining 25% still belongs to Corinthians. The Cidade Tiradentes native is under contract until 2021 and has a huge €50 million release clause.

Given his excellent performances so far, he has proved to be a great investment by President Pinto da Costa who will certainly not sell one of his prized assets cheaply. It is sure to be a complicated deal with numerous other clubs interested in signing him. Roma, for example, have also enquired about his availability.

Source: Corriere dello Sport

By Jordan Russell
Close

Subscribe

to our newsletter