Gianluca Di Marzio: “Inter & Barcelona Put Lautaro Talks On Hold, Griezmann Not Going To Inter”

Gianluca Di Marzio: “Inter & Barcelona Put Lautaro Talks On Hold, Griezmann Not Going To Inter”
April 29, 2020 19:00
( )

Italian broadcaster Sky Sport Italia transfer market expert Gianluca Di Marzio has confirmed that Inter and Barcelona are in talks over a possible player(s) plus cash deal for Lautaro Martinez but said talks are currently on hold.

Barcelona are said to have identified the highly rated 22-year-old as their number one transfer target ahead of the upcoming Summer transfer window but do not want to pay his €111 million release clause and would rather negotiate with Inter on a player(s) plus cash basis for the striker.

“Barcelona want Lautaro Martinez but are unable to pay the €111 million release clause. For this reason, the Catalans and Inter are discussing a cash plus player deal which could include players such as Arturo Vidal, Nelson Semedo and Junior Firpo,” Di Marzio remarked whilst in the studios of Sky Sport Italia earlier on today.

2018 World Cup winner Antoine Griezmann has been linked with Inter in recent weeks but Di Marzio has shot down those reports and claims that Griezmann will not be moving to Inter.

“Griezmann to the Nerazzurri? No. The Frenchman has too high a salary and his name is not part of the negotiations. At the moment, the talks are on hold and in the next few days it will be up to the Barça to decide whether to return to them or not.”

This season Lautaro has made 31 appearances across all competitions to date. The Argentine national team striker has scored 16 goals and has provided a total of four assists to his teammates.

By Cammy Anderson