Inter are declining all approaches for striker Andrea Pinamonti, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
Pinamonti was widely expected to leave the Nerazzurri during the January transfer window, having struggled for game time under Antonio Conte this season.
Reports last week suggested Benevento were close to agreeing a loan deal with an option to buy worth €15 million.
But Di Marzio told viewers on Sky Sport Italia tonight that Inter are no longer prepared to let the 21-year-old leave, potentially because they do not have a replacement lined-up in attack.
Christian Eriksen’s future was also discussed, although the transfer expert said there were no substantial developments regarding the out-of-favour Danish midfielder.
The 28-year-old has interest from Premier League clubs but Inter are waiting for one of them to come forward with an offer.
Both Eriksen and Pinamonti were unused substitutes on Sunday as Antonio Conte’s side defeated Juventus in the Derby d’Italia.
A report from FcInterNews.it earlier on Monday said Inter’s inability to offload either Eriksen or Pinamonti was preventing them from completing any activity in January.