Lucas Torreira’s agent has denied reports suggesting his client could move on loan to Inter in January.
Turin-based newspaper La Stampa said on Tuesday that the Nerazzurri were working on a deal for the former Sampdoria midfielder, who is owned by Arsenal but joined Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan last summer.
But Pablo Bentancur told FcInter1908.it tonight there was no substance to the rumours concerning the Uruguay international.
“I’ve had no contact from Inter for Torreira,” he said.
“I haven’t received any phone call.
“Torreira is an Atletico player, he’s very happy there and he won’t leave Madrid in January.”
Lazio and Fiorentina were reported to have shown an interest in signing Torreira previously, while Atletico’s La Liga rivals Valencia were said to be keen to explore a deal too, should Arsenal opt to recall the midfielder.
The 24-year-old has played just 420 minutes for Atletico this season, spread across 13 appearances, in which he he scored one goal and provided one assist.
He already has experience of playing in Serie A after coming through Pescara’s academy and playing two subsequent seasons at Sampdoria.