Sevilla Hoping To Beat Inter & Chelsea To Sign FC Porto’s Jesus Corona, Italian Media Claim

Sevilla Hoping To Beat Inter & Chelsea To Sign FC Porto’s Jesus Corona, Italian Media Claim
April 15, 2021 19:00
( )

Inter look set to miss out on the chance to sign FC Porto winger Jesus Corona, according to a report in the Italian media today.

Calciomercato.com said Sevilla were hoping to beat the Nerazzurri and Chelsea to secure the services of the Mexican national team attacker.

Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui is very keen on a deal for the 28-year-old, with the La Liga side said to be in ‘constant contact’ with Corona’s entourage.

Corona, who is out of contract in 2022, would be available for just €25 million this summer, with his release clause set to drop from €30 million.

Last month, Corona’s agent Matias Bunge revealed Inter had made contact for the player previously, but it seems the Nerazzurri will be missing out on his signing.

Sevilla sporting director Monchi, who spent two years at Roma, tried to sign him last summer and looks set to make another attempt at the end of the season.

The former Monterrey and FC Twente player has been with FC Porto since the summer of 2015 and has made more than 265 appearances for them across all competitions so far.

Corona has made 44 appearances across all competitions this season, in which he has scored three goals and provided his teammates with an impressive 12 assists.

By Will Beckman
Close

Subscribe

to our newsletter