Inter have set their sights on two goalkeepers in their quest for Samir Handanovic’s successor, according to a report in Italy today.
Corriere dello Sport’s print edition said Handanovic would continue as the Nerazzurri’s first-choice goalkeeper next season, but Inter want a more reliable back-up option than Andrei Radu.
Udinese’s Juan Musso and Trabzonspor’s Ugurcan Cakir are being considered as options who could come in as back-up, before eventually becoming Inter’s starting keeper in the future.
Inter are said to have discarded a move for Alessio Cragno at Cagliari, who was linked with the club earlier this year.
While Inter consider replacements for Handanovic, the Rome-based paper said Antonio Conte remained fully focused on the present and Sunday’s match against Hellas Verona.
Conte does not want any drops in concentration as Inter chase the Serie A title and has asked for ‘an extra push’ from all his players.
Aleksandar Kolarov and Arturo Vidal will remain unavailable against Hellas Verona, while Stefano Sensi or Matias Vecino could replace Christian Eriksen in midfield.