Inter midfielder Arturo Vidal has rejected the chance to join Marseille, according to a report in the French media today.
La Provence (via FcInterNews.it) said Vidal had declined an approach from Marseille’s head coach Jorge Sampaoli, who previously worked with the midfielder while in charge of Chile’s national team.
Sampaoli is a big fan of Vidal but the 33-year-old is not interested in a reunion in Ligue 1 for the moment.
Marseille are also said to be following Velez Sarsfield midfielder Thiago Almada – recently linked with Inter – who is expected to cost €20 million.
Vidal remains unavailable for Inter ahead of tomorrow’s crucial Serie A fixture away at Crotone.
He has not featured for the Nerazzurri since undergoing knee surgery on March 14, with Antonio Conte confirming today that he had suffered ‘a setback’ during his recovery.
Inter are reportedly considering offloading Vidal in a bid to reduce their wage bill for next season.