Inter Milan have officially acquired the right to build a new stadium in Rozzano. This is a municipality in the metropolitan city of Milano.

In the last few years, the Nerazzurri have been indulged in a never-ending debacle concerning the new stadium project. The saga includes their crosstown rivals AC Milan and the local authorities.

While the initial plan was to build a new shared ground at San Siro, a series of bureaucratic issues have hindered the project.

Therefore, Inter have decided to take the initiative and build their own stadium.

As Calcio e Finanza (via FcInterNews) explains, the club has now obtained the exclusive right to build a new ground in Rozzano from the company that owns the land. The company is known as Infrafin Srl.

Inter Milan Have Acquired The Exclusive Right To Build A New Stadium In Rozzano

Inter now have the permission to do a feasibility study and understand whether this project is suitable or not. This exclusive right runs until the 30th of April 2024.

“Bastogi SpA and Brioschi Sviluppo Immobiliare SpA announce that today Infrafin srl (a company entirely owned by Camabo srl, whose capital is held by Bastogi for 51% and by Brioschi for the remaining 49%) has granted FC Internazionale Milano SpA an exclusive right until 30 April 2024, at verifying the possibility of building a stadium and some ancillary functions within the area owned by Infrafin in the Municipality of Rozzano,” reads the company’s statement.

We shall see if this important development would prove to be the start of a fruitful project.