Former Serie A star Fulvio Collovati urges Inter Milan to maintain their composure in the title race, as Juventus could still launch a comeback.

Simone Inzaghi’s men gave themselves some breathing room after overcoming their rivals last weekend in a direct Scudetto clash.

Thanks to Federico Gatti’s own goal, the Nerazzurri opened a four-point gap with the Bianconeri. They also have an extra match in hand.

Nevertheless, Collovati warns Inter against complacency.

The 66-year-old recalls how some clubs in the past have managed to overcome bigger odds in the title race.

“Juve are at four points adrift, even if Inter have one game less,” notes the 1982 World Cup winner in his interview with Quotidiano Sportivo via FcInterNews

“This isn’t a huge gap and there are still fifteen rounds to go. In the past, I’ve seen comebacks from nine points and fewer games remaining.”

The Italy legend also warns the Nerazzurri against using the Champions League as an excuse to drop points in the league.

“Is the Champions League decisive in terms of energy? I think it will be a possible alibi if they miss out on the Scudetto.

“Inter won two finals last season and lost another. They didn’t seem tired in the final phase.”

“For me, Inter have an 80% chance of winning the Scudetto. I leave 20% for Juventus. The Bianconeri will most likely have to settle for a second place.

“I believe that the direct clash proved that Inter have more quality.”

Fulvio Collovati Believes Juventus Remain A Threat For Inter Milan In The Title Race

Collovati expects a tough fixture for Inter against another former club of his, AS Roma. Nevertheless, he believes the Nerazzurri have what it takes to prevail.

“Inter will probably endure a difficult match, as it was in Florence. But they are still the favorites. We are talking about a team that has put Manchester City in great difficulty and played in many finals.

“They have the strongest and most complete squad. They were built to win this year.”

Finally, the legendary defender praised the admirable work of Inter manager Simone Inzaghi.

“Inzaghi has a high-level team, with the likes of Frattesi and Carlos Augusto coming off the bench.

“But in these three years, you can see his tactical touch. The team plays well and doesn’t provide reference points even with the defenders. You often find Pavard, Acerbi or Bastoni driving forward. This is the coach’s work.

“I don’t see many similarities to Trapattoni’s Inter. Perhaps in terms of positive results, but the current one expresses a less defensive type of football.

In 88/89. they had a more physical team. This is more graceful and more pleasant to watch.”